A unique treadmill designed for performance training offering a complete solution for both cardio and power workouts
Technogym – the world leading producer of design and technology-driven fitness equipment and official supplier to the last six Olympic games - is proud to announce the launch of SKILLRUNTM, the first treadmill to combine cardio and power training in a single solution, designed to meet the training requirements of both elite athletes and fitness enthusiasts. The product represents the 13thmodel of treadmill developed by Technogym since its establishment in 1983.
SKILLRUNTM has been in-house developed by the Technogym’s R&D team – c. 200 Full Time Employees or 10% of the global workforce – and represents the latest addition to the SKILL Line, the group of fitness equipment designed for athletic performance training which already includes SKILLMILL (launched in 2016) and SKILLROW (2017). SKILLRUNTM includes 4 proprietary patents and it is the 100thconnectible product developed by Technogym.
This unique treadmill will set a new benchmark in performance running and answer the needs of all runners, from sprinters to marathoners and triathletes. Thanks to its unique MULTIDRIVE TECHNOLOGYTM (patent pending) SKILLRUNTM offers both cardio training and resistance workouts to enhance power.
The interactive UNITY console – offering the same platform and interface family feeling throughout the entire Technogym range - allows users to access a completely customized workout experience, which engages and motivates them through digital contents, personalized training programs and data tracking. When it comes to programs, SKILLRUNTM offers a wide range of innovative workouts including high intensity interval training, speed resistance training and neuromuscular training, as well as immersive and entertaining options to user’s motivation high.
SKILLRUNTM includes some exclusive features specifically designed for athletic and performance training such as:
- Fast Track Control: to adjust speed and incline on the fly while exercising
- Maximum Training Space: thanks to the 55 cm – 22” wide belt and the streamlined frame
- Speed and Incline: up to 30 Km/h (18,6 mph) speed and incline ranging from -3% to +25%
- QUICKPAD: possibility to change speed and gradient in just one touch thanks to dedicated buttons
- Speed-shift: to create on-the-fly interval training profiles and switch from one speed to another with a simple touch of the Fast Track Control
And allows to perform a variety of unique cardio and power workouts, such as:
- Running Session: the exclusive interactive technology Biofeedback (patent pending) tracks and monitors the main running parameters in real time, providing color-coded feedback that enables to improve the performance.
- Parachute training (patent pending): users can strengthen the resistive power and top-end speed with parachute training that reproduces the feeling of outdoor running with a parachute. Resistance is null at the start and increases to gain speed.
- Sled training: it allows users to train their power. Can reproduce the feeling of pushing a sled on grass. Resistance is high at the start and decreases to a constant rate.
SKILLRUNTM is also ideal for group training sessions in a class or studio environment. The solution SKILLRUN CLASS (patent pending) is perfect for those in search of a more effective and motivating group running. Thanks to the new product features these dynamic classes will surprise and engage the most demanding users.
This new product is part of the SKILLINE, a collection of products created to address the SKILLATHLETIC TRAINING, a method developed by Technogym and Olympic champions for everyone who wishes to improve athletic performance. It includes SKILLMILL, the only non-motorized product that combines power, speed, stamina and agility training, and SKILLROW, the first indoor rowing equipment capable of improving anaerobic power, aerobic capacity and neuromuscular abilities in a single solution.
SKILLRUN features 4 different patents:
- The MULTIDRIVE technology (patent pending) is a ground-breaking innovation that makes it possible for users to change the equipment mode from cardiovascular training to power training.
- PARACHUTE TRAINING KIT (patent pending) is an innovation created to reproduce the feeling of outdoor running in optimized conditions. The kit consists of a steel frame support equipped with an ergonomic adjustable belt that users can place around the waist to perform the parachute resistance training.
- BIOFEEDBACK (patent pending) is the exclusive interactive technology by Technogym that tracks and monitors your main running parameters in real time, providing color-coded feedback that enables you to improve your performance.
- SKILLRUN CLASS (patent pending) is a totally new and innovative format that allows to create a more effective and motivating group running workout seamlessly from booking to results management.